(For internal use only: CAH faculty, staff, and students (with permission)
A. This is a policy to enable faculty to request video capture of classroom lecture.
Advanced notice of 1 business day (24 hours) is required for all capture requests.
B. If less than 24 hours before capture, your request will be sent to Dr Kari Boyce for approval.
This additional step may delay your request. If less than 24 hours in advance of class time, please provide notification in comment box at end of form. Video Capture for single student absence is generally not reasonable.
C. If request is for entire semester, your request will be sent to Dr. Kari Boyce for approval. Please provide justification for recording all semester lectures in comment box at the end of the form.
D. Appropriate criteria for video capture:
1. Content to be added to web-based course
2. Guest lecture
3. Content for continuing education
4. Faculty development (i.e. improving presentation skills, technique demonstration, etc)
5. Planned faculty absence
6. Planned student leave for medical reasons (i.e. surgery, child birth, injury, infectious disease, or extended illness.) *Captures for one student for one class period will likely not be approved.
7. Inclement weather
E. Copyright Materials/Video Release:
Guest lecturers need to complete a video release form before capture can occur. Please note: all presentations that contain copyright materials need copyright permission.
1. One-time "student issue" recordings will be deleted two weeks after final date of the semester. (effective 3/1/2017)
2. Guest lectures will be deleted after 90 days and archived to a DVD for department storage. (effective 3/1/2017)
*If you need your video longer that the posted retention times, please contact ISS (Pam Farmer or Gina Vile).
G. Allied Health is not set-up to do routine video captures for other colleges using our classrooms.
Our capacity for video capture is very limited even for our own faculty. Please contact AMDS/Academic Technology (405.271.2318) to arrange for rental and setup of one of their Media Site units for capturing non-Allied Health lectures.